Diabetes and Pregnancy Class for Expectant Parents
February 15, 2020
All classes are taught in Centerville, Utah.
Contact us for our live streamed classes.
This class is developed and taught by local type 1 diabetic mom, doula, and diabetes expert, Karina Robinson. All curriculum is based on circumstances seen and experienced in the Utah birth culture; as well as evidence-based research. This class is designed to provide women and their partners with information and direction to empower them while making choices for their pregnancy and birth. Our goal is to help facilitate preparation in order for you have the best chances of a safe and satisfying birth while managing diabetes during pregnancy.
This course includes:
- Pros, Cons, and Options
- Mental and physical preparation
- Essential diabetes statistics & facts
- Lowering your risk factors
- Options with diabetes
- Risks and benefits
- Choosing the right provider and birthplace
- Questions to ask
- Safely avoiding C-sections
- Common complications and how to avoid them
- What to expect during pregnancy, labor, birth, and postpartum
- Preparing for a safe pregnancy and birth
- Access to resources and support groups
- Course manual
This is not a childbirth education class. We focus exclusively on pregnancy and birth with diabetes. If you need a childbirth education class, please contact us.
Course fees are $150 and required to reserve your spot in our class.
One reservation includes a space for you and a birthing partner.
Seating is limited and spots fill up quickly.
Cancellation is required at least 24 hours in advance so we can fill your spot.